This month's awesome artist spotlight goes to the talented cosplayer Fleacos!!!! Check out some awesome photo work and learn more below!!
· Where are you from?
I'm from New York
· How did you end up at your first convention or anime inspired event? If you were in your first cosplay? What was it?
My sister told me about a local convention (I-con) and we decided to go, I was in my first cosplay as well which was Inuyasha
· How long have you been cosplaying/creating art/shooting for? What do you think has been the greatest change in the community since you’ve started your art form?
I’ve been in the community for about 15 years. The biggest change that I have noticed aside from the series that people are cosplaying from is the openness of different kinds of cosplay that are becoming more common in the community
· Who are your head cannon cosplays, or favorite cosplays to shoot or draw?
At the moment right now my favorite cosplay is my Princess Samus, however for all time I’d have to say Blair from Soul Eater both male and female versions. Also, I’m very partial to Flea from Chrono Trigger
· Which cosplay/drawing/photo shoot has provided you with the most challenge so far? Which one has been the most rewarding?
My biggest challenge with cosplays I’d say would be Sailor Mars and the reason was I was super self-conscious of who I was however I got loads of compliments immediately and felt more at ease. The most rewarding cosplay for me has probably been Sango from Inuyasha, my reason for that is it was my first crossplay and allowed me to express myself more
· What is your favorite convention to attend and why?
My favorite convention has been Katsucon. I love the venues that have always hosted it even prior to the current location it’s been
· What are your hobbies outside of your particular art form?
My hobbies outside of cosplay and conventions would be football (soccer), gaming, tabletop and card games and also traveling to new places
· How do you balance that with your normal everyday life?
I usually plan what I want to do way in advance and try to have everything set before the con. I complete my work little by little so it doesn’t take up too much time when I’m not working
· Is there anything else you want to tell people thinking about stepping into the world of cosplay/art/photography?
To everyone who is new to the community or wants to start cosplay I’d say to just go for it! The community is very open minded and you’ll always find something to do, keep you occupied or just have fun with
· Where can we find you on social media or check out some of your work?